Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nas/content/live/acvr/wp-content/themes/acvr/functions/TemplateHelpers.php on line 115
1 / 2
- Poor serosal detail; abnormal gas free in peritoneal cavity, close to stomach and between liver and diaphragm; corrugated intestinal loop caudal to stomach, probably transverse colon; elongated/enlarged, slightly rounded liver.
- Pneumoperitoneum, differentials including GI ulcer or neoplasm with perforation/rupture, or migrating foreign body; likely (septic) peritonitis; spasm and/or inflammation of transverse colon or other intestines, either related to perforation or secondary to regional inflammation; hepatomegaly secondary to steroid, neoplastic, or other hepatopathy.
- +/- abdominal ultrasound (to evaluate for mass in GI tract, liver; collect abdominal fluid to evaluate for bacteria), thoracic radiographs (to evaluate for mets).
- Additional history: pet had been on metacam chronically for arthritis.
- Surgery: 2 liters dark red fluid with ingesta free in abdomen, 1cm gastric body wall perforating ulcer, hyperemia of entire GI tract, left medial liver lobe mass ~6cm
- Bx: no gross evidence of neoplasia; histopath cancelled – pet arrested