Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nas/content/live/acvr/wp-content/themes/acvr/functions/TemplateHelpers.php on line 115
1 / 2
- MR images of the left foot
- Sagittal and transverse T1-weighted images only
- Linear hyperintensity affecting deep digital flexor tendon in sagittal images from the level of the navicular bone to the proximal interphalangeal joint
- Hyperintensity affects lateral lobe of the deep digital flexor tendon in transverse images; defect in tendon is largest on its dorsal aspect, with focal disruption of the dorsal border
- Partial thickness tear of the deep digital flexor tendon
- A limited number of images were presented in order to avoid overloading candidates. 24% candidates did not gain a passing score for this case. The most common deficiencies in reports were inaccurate anatomic terminology (e.g. confusing flexor tendon for navicular bone or bursa), failure to include tear in the differential diagnosis, and invention of other lesions (e.g. swelling of coronary band).