- Weight loss and decreased appetite, increased respiratory effort that worsens with stress or excitement for the past 2 – 3 months.
- On presentation she was tachypneic and oxygen-dependent.
1 / 4
- Large cavitary mass in the right mid-caudal thorax, displacing the cardiac silhouette to the left; gas/fluid interface clearly seen on the horizontal beam view.
- Small abdominal hernia containing small intestine.
- A CT was performed and showed a large mass that is centered around the bronchus and mainly non-enhancing.
1 / 2
- Thoracotomy and right caudal lung lobectomy was performed. At this time an abdominal hernia repair was performed.
- Histopathology confirmed a pulmonary adenocarcinoma.