- ~9 month old M toy poodle
- Presented to ES for hindlimb paraparesis.
- Put on shelf in the bathroom for punishment after inappropriate urination.
- Owner walked away and heard a thud; at which time she found the dog unable to walk in hind limbs.
1 / 5
- Multiple rib fractures.
- Multiple pelvic fractures.
- Left Pneumothorax.
- Mediastinal Shift.
Radiographic Signs of Non-Accidental Injury
- Multiple fractures of different ages (healing and healed).
- Bilateral rib fractures without a cranial or caudal preference.
- Fractures in more than one anatomic region.
- Transverse fractures (not spiral).