At the Fall 2021 Council meeting, Dr. Jeryl Jones informed Executive Council of her intent to step down at the end of 2022 after 10 years as Editor-in-Chief of Veterinary Radiology and Ultrasound. We thank her for her dedicated, tireless service and are now looking for a new Editor-in-Chief. A job description can be found below. If interested, please submit a letter of intent and CV to the ACVR Executive Director.
Summary of Responsibilities
ACVR Employee or Officer
Position: Editor-in-Chief, Veterinary Radiology & Ultrasound
Contract Duration: Negotiable; up to 10 years
Renewable (Y/N): Yes.
Start Date: Once a suitable candidate is identified
Weekly/Monthly Time Commitment: 10-15 hours/week
Required Qualifications: Diplomate
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Process, review, provide final draft copy editing, and serve as final arbiter/approver for all VRU content (number of issues per year = 6, number of pages per issue = 120, average manuscript submissions per year = 400).
- Submit running order, cover image, and cover image figure legend for each issue.
- Perform all roles and adhere to all responsibilities of the Editor-in-Chief, as defined by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors and World Association of Medical Editors (http://www.icmje.org/recommendations/browse/roles-and-responsibilities/).
- Follow consensus best practice guidelines for ethical editing as defined by the Committee on Publication Ethics (https://publicationethics.org/resources/guidelines-new/short-guide-ethical-editing-new-editors)
- Ensure that VRU policies and procedures are consistent with consensus guidelines for transparency in scholarly publishing as defined by the Committee on Publication Ethics (COPE), the Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ), the Open Access Scholarly Publishers Association (OASPA), and the World Association of Medical Editors (WAME) (https://publicationethics.org/resources/guidelines-new/principles-transparency-and-best-practice-scholarly-publishing)
- Work with VRU Editorial Board members to develop, revise, and maintain a consensus Strategic Plan for the journal (see VRU Committee P & P document).
- Prepare and submit Mid-year and End-year reports to the ACVR Executive Council.
- Coordinate and implement annual judging of candidate papers for the ACVR Resident Author Award.
- Prepare and submit responses to ACVR Executive Council Charge letters.
- Organize, prepare agendas, lead, and write minutes for annual VRU Editorial Board meetings. Maintain Dropbox folder for sharing materials with members of Editorial Board.
- Seek input from VRU Editorial Board members as needed to promptly address questions or concerns from stakeholders.
- Provide Journal CE presentations for ACVR, EVDI, and IVRA meetings when invited.
- Recruit new Associate Editors as needed for replacing previous ones or adding new ones to maintain diversity of geographic location, gender, job description, organization representation, and expertise.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org