- Full Time
- Twin Cities, Minnesota
Website Animal Emergency & Referral Center of Minnesota
The only privately owned Specialty & Emergency Center in MN!
Animal Emergency & Referral Center of Minnesota (AERC-MN) is an established and renowned AAHA-accredited emergency/specialty hospital that is 100% owned by local veterinarians. With two, 24/7 facilities in the Twin Cities area, we build meaningful relationships with our community by treating one another with kindness, dignity, and respect. A little about us:
- Excellent compensation and benefit packages – Social Worker on site for our clients and team members
- Company culture emphasizes a healthy work/home/family integration
- Generous with high fives (or elbows, COVID style)
- Encourage one another to find the best way, even if it isn’t the “usual” way
- Believe that mistakes are opportunities to learn, and difficulty fosters growth
If you actively seek and share new knowledge, assume best intentions of your colleagues, and care intensely about everything you do, you will be an instrumental value to the AERC-MN team.
We are looking for an additional member to join our current team of four radiologists: two in-house radiologists and our two radiology consultants who help manage our large imaging case load. The ideal candidate will be board-certified, or a Resident close to earning their credentials. Our team is comprised of:
- Outstanding emergency doctors & specialists
- Emergency Critical Care
- Internal Medicine
- Surgery & Anesthesia
- Avian & Exotics
- Excellent support personnel
- Experienced administrators
- Seasoned veterinary technicians. Currently employ ten (and counting) VTS CVT’s in
- Emergency Critical Care
- Our radiology CVT’s are also AART’s with completing their rad tech degrees and additional education
We strive to ultimately implement at least one VTS in each department by which they concentrate their passion in, to better support the specialist and their patients.
We’re growing! In 2016, AERC-MN expanded our Oakdale Specialty hospital by adding a 25,000 square foot work-space to better serve our clients and patients. At that time, we implemented CT, MRI, fluoroscopy, three surgery suits, as well as established Radiology, Oncology, Avian/Exotics departments and vastly expanded our Emergency & Internal Medicine teams. In July 2021, we will launch construction plans to complement our current hospital in Oakdale, where it is planned to implement a Rehab Sports & Strength department, as well as transfer our existing departments into a three-story, 45,000 square-foot specialty center where we can spread our wings and soar to new heights.
We’re locally accessible! Our hospitals are easily accessible, located on the eastern side of the Twin Cities. They are 13 miles apart from one another, so no matter where you plant yourself, an efficient commute can be expected.
We love our community! AERC-MN enjoys being active in the local veterinary community. Every spring and fall, we hold continuing education seminars for veterinarians, technicians, support staff and management. We work closely with private rehabilitation groups to support the recovery & restoration of injured wildlife and assist with unique procedures or diagnostics for exotic species belonging to public, private or federally owned animal sanctuaries around the state of Minnesota.
We’re Minnesota nice! What does Minnesota have to offer you, besides a successful, supportive and secure career?
- Education: Minnesota’s education system is renowned as one of the best in the United States, and our teachers are dedicated to aid the achievements of our families.
- Nature at an arm’s reach: If you travel 60 minutes in any direction from the Twin Cities, you enter “Cabin Country” where fishing, hunting, hiking, and camping delivers an easy getaway from every day city / suburban life.
- Festivals and attractions: throughout the year Minnesota is always bustling with some concert, festival or get together in one way or another
- Home to the Mall of America, Mayo Clinic, national & state parks, major league sports teams
- Exceptional restaurants and theaters to preserve an active, healthy and enjoyable life in your work/home/family integration – it’s almost like that’s the point, right?
Interested candidates are encouraged to visit our website at www.aermn.com to learn more about what AERC-MN can offer. For additional information please contact Dr. Travis Saveraid, DVM, DACVR at [email protected] To apply, please contact Ms. Stephanie Brozo, Hiring Manager at [email protected] We look forward to meeting you!
To apply for this job email your details to SLBrozo@aercmn.com