- Full Time
- Columbia, South Carolina
Exceptional People Providing Excellent Care.
We strive to be different than the rest.
Here’s how we do it…
- Generous Sign-On Bonus
- We want you to be able to live your best life at CVETS! That’s why our offers are customized to meet the needs of the individual. Just tell us what you need and we’ll do our best to help!
- Privately Owned by Industry Professionals
- CVETS was born out of a passion to create a vibrant and modern veterinary hospital that could provide the highest level of medicine, and create a pleasant and fulfilling environment for our team. Our hospital was founded by husband and wife team Dr. Mike Schlicksup (DACVS), and Dr. Tracy Schlicksup (DABVP). Dr. Mike works as one of our surgeons, and Dr. Tracy leads our emergency team. CVETS provides 24-hour emergency care and has 11 specialty services. Last year, we broke ground on an expansion for our specialty hospital and upon completion, our hospital will be approximately 30,000 square feet. We have also just opened a brand new second location in West Columbia that will serve as an Urgent Care clinic. You can expect to work shoulder-to-shoulder with the leaders of our hospital so you are constantly seen, heard, and valued directly by those directly at the top.
- Stellar Benefits & Compensation
- Tell us about your goals and we will help you accomplish them! We value our team tremendously and we want you to love your life in SC! Below is a list of benefits that we offer to help you do just that.
- Competitive sign-on bonus, relocation, or student loan repayment packages are available.
- Medical insurance
- Dental insurance
- Long-term disability insurance
- 401k retirement plan with match
- Maternity/paternity leave
- Discounted pet care
- Frequent continuing education opportunities
- Reimbursement of liability, licenses, and specialty dues
- Balanced Schedules & Collaborative Team Structures
- Southern hospitality is very much a real thing in South Carolina. Our team works together like a well-oiled machine, and our nurses understand when one person succeeds, everyone succeeds. You’ll never be left on your own to figure something out or learn by fire. From the start, our team of highly trained radiology assistants and technicians will get you set up for success and integrated into the CVETS family from the minute you walk into the building.
- Industry-Leading Compensation & Frequent Celebration
- We understand that those who decide to pursue a career in veterinary medicine dedicate a large majority of their life to serving others. That’s why we have made it our absolute mission to pay ALL of our employees a livable wage. Several of our positions are compensated with industry-leading wages because we are always looking to provide for the well-being of our team members. We see the continuous hard work and dedication that our team provides and we want you to be able to live a full and happy life both inside and outside of work. Plus, we love any excuse to celebrate our team members. Whether it’s Vet Tech week, CSR week, someone’s birthday, someone got married, or maybe it’s just a Wednesday and we’re craving chocolate…we love any excuse to order food and eat cake…just saying.
- Working Smarter Not Harder: State-of-the-Art Technology
- We pride ourselves in being able to provide treatments with the most advanced technology on the market, so you can expect to get your hands on the latest and greatest!
- Also, stained paper records and bad handwriting…no thank you. Our hospital design was structured around the use of our technology systems to ensure that we operate as efficiently as possible. We utilize a SmartFlow system for patient status and monitoring, and all of our records are done through EzyVet. This makes organization and patient care for our hospital easier.
- Specialty Hospital Features
- Brand-new state-of-the-art radiology suite
- GE HDxT 1.5T MRI
- GE Optima 660 128 CT
- 5 operating rooms (including a minimally-invasive suite with fluoroscopy)
- 17 total exam rooms
- Physical therapy (underwater treadmill)
- I-131 treatment
- Separate GI and respiratory isolation units
- Dedicated suites for oncology, internal medicine, cardiology, dermatology, dentistry, and ophthalmology
- A 35-person conference suite
About Columbia, South Carolina
- Prime Location: CVETS (our specialty hospital) is located in Columbia, SC which is South Carolina’s capital city. Our Urgent Care is located in West Columbia, SC (approximately 20 minutes away) which is a county just outside of Columbia.
- When it comes to choosing a place to live, you’ve got the best of both worlds. If city life is what you’re looking for, you’ll love living in Columbia. There, you can go kayaking on the rapids of the Saluda River, check out local artwork at the world-class Columbia Museum of Art, try out the craft beer at some of Columbia’s breweries, or attend a Carolina Gamecock football game at Williams Brice Stadium to get the full experience!
- If you’re more interested in relaxing, suburban life, you’ll love Lexington! In the heart of Lexington is Lake Murray. You can enjoy boating, paddle-boarding, kayaking, or just lounging by the water on Lake Murray’s shores. Lexington also has a brand-new amphitheater, which hosts year-round concerts and events for local residents. Did we mention Lexington’s incredibly high-ranking school system as well? Life is great in Lexington!
- Features of Columbia and Lexington, SC:
- Affordable Cost of Living
- Highly ranked schools
- Lake living and activities
- Warm Weather
- Day Trips for Days: Columbia is only a 1.5-hour drive from the historic city of Charleston, South Carolina. Charleston, referred to as “The Holy City”, is known for its history, world-famous seafood, shopping, and romantic appeal. On the other hand, if you’re thinking about a mountain weekend, Columbia is only a 2.5-hour drive away from Asheville, NC. There, you can check out the beautiful Blue Ridge Mountains, tour the Biltmore Estate, and enjoy lots of craft beer at Asheville’s famous breweries.
Want to take a vacation to SC? Our door is always open!
- Quite literally, yes, our door is always open because we’re a 24-hour ER…but in a figurative sense, we’re always open to visitors who would like to see our hospital. You can meet directly with our Chief Operations Officer who is always happy to give tours and talk about future opportunities at our hospital. We’d love to see you at CVETS!
- Interested candidates are encouraged to reach out to our Chief Operations Office, Janice Clarke-Godfrey, at 703-635-4925 and firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com