- Full Time
- Townsville, Queensland, Australia
Website James Cook University
Be at the forefront of Veterinary Sciences in the Tropics
Join a committed team dedicated to educating the Vets of the future at one of the world’s leading educational institutions focusing on the Tropics.
- Be at the forefront of Veterinary Sciences in the Tropics
- No after hours, weekend work or public holidays required
- Enjoy a tropical lifestyle whilst achieving your career goals
We offer an exciting opportunity for a Veterinary Radiologist ($94,056- $150,462) to join our world-leading institution at James Cook University (JCU). This full-time, continuing appointment is based at our veterinary teaching hospital at the JCU Townsville, Bebegu Yumba campus, Douglas.
What you can accomplish in the Role
Working mostly in on-campus veterinary teaching, you will provide diagnostic imaging services and carry out small group clinical teaching. The teaching hospital has a 64-slice CT scanner installed and access to MRI via a local, private diagnostic imaging business. Excellent ultrasound and radiographic equipment (including pulsed fluoroscopy) are also installed. You will also have the opportunity to participate in the ongoing development of the veterinary science curriculum and will teach and assess veterinary science students.
What you will bring to the Role
With an enthusiasm and passion for Veterinary science you will hold a Bachelor’s degree in Veterinary science or equivalent, and be eligible for immediate registration in Queensland. Your formal training and previous teaching experience in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging together with your commitment to working as a member of clinical, training and research teams will see you excel in this interesting and rewarding role educating the Vets of the future.
Why Townsville and JCU
Bordered by the Coral Sea, the Wet Tropics and the Outback, the Townsville region has a vibrant natural landscape, rich Indigenous history, beautifully preserved Federation architecture, a smattering of islands just off its coast, and a vibrant, progressive dining scene. JCU is in the unique position to offer a culturally diverse working environment and prides itself on being dedicated to teaching, learning and research that is not only of high quality, but also delivers practical benefits to the peoples and industries of the region.
We support our people through the provision of:
- generous superannuation scheme with 17% employer contributions
- five weeks’ annual recreation leave
- flexible working arrangements
- attractive options for salary packaging
- opportunities for professional and personal growth as well as diverse career opportunities
- on-campus cafés, gym, pool and childcare
Re-location and visa assistance
- Balance of work and life so you can enjoy a relaxed lifestyle that supports a diverse range of leisure and sporting interests.
How to apply
Visit the Careers JCU website – vacancy reference 17388
To apply for this job please visit www.jcu.edu.au.