Radiologist – Mississauga Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital (Ontario, Canada)
- Full Time
- Oakville, Ontario
WebsitevcacanadaMississauga Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital
Caring for life's greatest companions!
Qualifications: Board Certified or Residency Trained
Location: Mississauga, Oakville, Ontario
Contact: Erin Bangma, Area Manager
Mississauga Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital in Oakville, Ontario is welcoming a Board-Certified Radiologist to join our specialty health care team. We also welcome applicants who are nearing the completion of their residency training and waiting to complete board exams.
We are a multidisciplinary hospital currently welcoming a Radiologist to develop our Radiology service. We anticipate that our Radiology team will work closely with both the ER and specialty services. The specialty team currently includes a board-certified dentist, dermatologist, cardiologist, clinical pathologist, oncologist, ophthalmologist, two anesthesiologists, two neurologists, three criticalists, four surgeons, and four internists. After-hours and weekend care is provided through our emergency clinic and critical care service staffed with 9 full/part-time emergency veterinarians.
The candidate’s responsibilities will include development and support of the radiology department. We envision a truly collaborative environment with ongoing support for radiology provided by our current internists and neurologists. A full complement of on-site diagnostic imaging equipment includes a Canon digital radiography suite, Philips iU22 ultrasound unit, Vivid E90 echocardiography unit, OEC 9900 Plus fluoroscopy unit, Toshiba Aquilion 64 Slice CT, and Symphony 1.5T MRI suite.
Mississauga Oakville Veterinary Emergency Hospital is a 24-hour emergency and referral specialty hospital which operates out of a 21,000-square-foot facility. The hospital is undergoing an expansion to facilitate the ever-growing caseload and expanding specialty services, including the design of a new diagnostic imaging area. Opportunities for professional development include teaching and formal mentorship of interns. We are also interested in exploring innovative and creative ways to develop fulfilling career paths for clinical Radiologists.
Oakville is in the center of southwestern Ontario and part of the Greater Toronto Area (GTA) close to numerous cultural activities and metropolitan centers but with ready access to lakes and rural living. The GTA is known for its vast multiculturalism and we have activities that appeal to all passions; trendy cuisine, theatre, live music, summer festivals and outdoor pursuits such as biking, hiking, boating, riding and so much more! There are several popular attractions in the area including the Niagara region with its wine and The Falls, the famous Bruce Trail (one of the longest and well known hiking trails in North America) and immediate access to the Great Lakes waterway system. It is also possible to escape to Ontario’s famous “cottage country” where lakes, rivers and wild spaces provide even the most ardent adventurer with plenty to explore all year round.
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- Generous compensation and sign-on bonuses
- RRSP 5% Employer Group Match Program!
- Comprehensive educational resources in our e-university
- Continuing education benefits – we know you love to learn!
- Career and leadership opportunities
- Opportunities to continue your career path; medical director, medical advisory board, special projects, and other leadership roles
- Relocation assistance; Immigration support
- Licensing, membership dues, and conference fees
- Referral bonus rewards
We care about your well-being and invest in resources for our associates:
- Flexible scheduling to support a healthy work-life balance
- VCA Academy Mentorship Program for new/recent graduates or those new to primary care; a six-month personalized structured mentorship program with ongoing support!
- Paid wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Paid vacation time
- Employee assistance program
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (tele-medicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA Canada initiatives
Join Us! Click APPLY and upload your information.
To apply for this job please visit www.vcacareers.com.