- Derby, Derbyshire, UK
Pride Veterinary Cente – Derby, Derbyshire, UK
A Specialist or residency trained Radiologist is required to join our established team. A referral clinician who is ready for something exciting and new, with the passion and skills to care for patients, customers and colleagues alike and be an integral part of a truly multidisciplinary team. Pride Veterinary Centre is a state-of-the-art referral and teaching hospital, in full collaboration with University of Nottingham Veterinary School. This provides the opportunity to support teaching and research interests and the chance to inspire the next generation of veterinary professionals.
Imaging facilities include digital radiography, C-Arm fluoroscopy, 2 GE ultrasound machines, a 16-slice GE CT and 1.5T HDE MRI. We are an established but growing business with all imaging modalities based on one site. There is excellent interaction between all of the various departments and therefore an exceptional level of intellectual stimulation and discussion over all specialities. We are a strong and dedicated team.
Pride Veterinary Centre is the central small animal hospital for the Scarsdale Veterinary Group, a multi-species practice employing over 300 staff across 12 sites in the Midlands. At Pride we offer specialist services in anaesthesia, diagnostic imaging, internal medicine, oncology, soft tissue and orthopaedic surgery, neurology, ophthalmology, cardiology, exotics and dermatology and on-site hydrotherapy and physiotherapy. The state-of-the-art hospital provides 24/7 veterinary care, supported by a dedicated night team. We work closely with the University of Nottingham, with the veterinary students rotating through first opinion and referral services at Pride.
We are located at the edge of Derby city centre with good transport links to major cities via road and rail network. East Midlands Airport and Birmingham International Airport offer convenient access to domestic and international destinations. The beautiful Peak District is just around the corner. The experienced, friendly team of 100+ veterinary professionals at Pride deliver Specialist led care across all disciplines, collaborating to provide the best possible outcome for all our patients.
The imaging team is composed of three senior radiologists, two ultrasonographers, four radiographers and dedicated nurses. A resident role is planned for the future. Alongside this, there is a Vets at Night service, dedicated leadership structure and support functions such as Customer Care, HR and Marketing on site. The team provides referral services to external veterinary professionals and to our own first opinion teams.
Required skills and experience;
· ECVDI or equivalent residency trained (ECVDI or equivalent specialist status will be prioritised)
· Significant experience working in a Diagnostic Imaging team at a referral hospital
· Diagnostic and reporting experience in English, covering all modalities
· Complete and confident sampling skills set, also to include swallow studies
Would be good to have;
· Peer reviewed publications and CPD delivery portfolio at recognised events
· Further qualifications and accreditations in Diagnostic Imaging and beyond
· Tele radiology experience reporting all modalities to demanding service level agreements
· Cardio Echo capability and experience
· Previous experience in teaching
· An excellent salary package commensurate with experience
· £3000 CPD allowance
· 10 CPD days
· RCVS and VDS costs covered plus 2 chosen subscriptions
· Regular internal CPD, rounds and morbidity and mortality rounds to maximise patient outcomes
· Your birthday off 2
· Death in service insurance at 4x salary
· Practice focus on health and well being
· 25 days holiday plus bank holidays per year
· Increase in holiday allowance with service, 1 day per year up to 5 years of service
· Private Healthcare
· Discount staff pet scheme
· Enhanced Maternity/Paternity Pay
As a Disability Confident Employer we are keen to hear from candidates with disabilities and long term health conditions, and would be happy to discuss any reasonable adjustments needed during the recruitment process.
To apply for this job email your details to Rebecca.Coleman@ivcevidensia.com