- Full Time
- Full time Continuing employment, located on the Camperdown and Camden Campuses at the Sydney School of Veterinary Science
- Opportunity to teach, research and engage with the school ranked #2nd in the Southern Hemisphere and #22 globally
- Base Salary Level C/D $138,645 p.a. – $183,911 p.a. + 17% superannuation + generous loading for registered specialist
About the opportunity
We are seeking to appoint a Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging, with the primary focus to contribute to the development, teaching, and assessment of diagnostic imaging in the veterinary science curriculum. This will include providing a high-quality imaging service to clients of the University Veterinary Teaching Hospitals, supporting the other clinical services. You will actively participate in the School’s clinical research programs and provide excellent teaching to undergraduates and post-graduate veterinarians in resident programs.
Your key responsibilities will be to:
- maintain reputation for academic excellence
- make original and innovative contribution to the advancement of research and education within the discipline which are recognised as outstanding, nationally or internationally
- maintain a research profile which meets University expectation and standard and enhance the reputation of the School, including, success in competitive research grants and other research income generation, publications in peer-reviewed international journals
- lead the development in research which enhance the reputation of the School, such as leading participation in internationally-funded research projects or partner-engaged research projects
- coordinate and develop curricula and program within the School ensuring outstanding teaching and learning outcomes
- coordinate and engage in high-quality teaching and learning experience which meet the University’s expectations and standards for education
- lead strategic initiatives and partnerships with external organisations, including government, industry and/or community organisations.
Since the founding of veterinary science in 1910, the mission of the Sydney School of Veterinary Science (SSVS) has been to provide the nation’s best training in the health, welfare, and conservation of animals. The School is internationally accredited with the American Veterinary Medical Association, Canadian Veterinary Medical Association, Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons (UK) and the Australasian Veterinary Boards Council. Veterinary science at Sydney is ranked 2nd in the Southern Hemisphere and 22nd in the world, according to the QS World University Subject Rankings 2022, and is rated 5/5 for research in the Australian Government’s 2018 Excellence in Research for Australia.
Our school operates across two campuses, Camperdown (inner-city) and Camden (urban) and has three teaching hospital facilities that provide unique learning experiences and research opportunities. The school also provides diagnostic services for clinicians and researchers using state of the art equipment.
To learn more about the Sydney School of Veterinary Science click here
The University values courage and creativity; openness and engagement; inclusion and diversity; and respect and integrity. As such, we see the importance of recruiting talent aligned to these values and are looking for a Senior Lecturer/Associate Professor in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging who has:
- a postgraduate research qualification (PhD) or is near completion, in the area of veterinary diagnostic imaging
- a Diplomate ECVDI or Diplomate ACVR or Fellowship of the ANZCVS, permitting registration with the NSW Veterinary Practitioners Board as a Specialist in Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging
- skills in interpreting conventional radiographs, CT, MRI images, performing outpatient ultrasounds and specialised imaging procedures for other specialists
- experience in postgraduate and undergraduate teaching.
The commencement level will be determined based on the candidate’s skills, experience, and knowledge.
To keep our community safe, please be aware of our COVID safety precautions which form our conditions of entry for all staff, students and visitors coming to campus.
Your employment is conditional upon the completion of all role required pre-employment or background checks in terms satisfactory to the University. Similarly, your ongoing employment is conditional upon the satisfactory maintenance of all relevant clearances and background check requirements. If you do not meet these conditions, the University may take any necessary step, including the termination of your employment.
At the University of Sydney, our shared values include diversity and inclusion and we strive to be a place where everyone can thrive. We are committed to creating a University community which reflects the wider community that we serve. We deliver on this commitment through our people and culture programs, as well as key strategies to increase participation and support the careers of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People, women, people living with a disability, people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds, and those who identify as LGBTIQ. We welcome applications from candidates from all backgrounds.
Closing date for applications
Tuesday 06 September 2022 11:59 PM
How to apply
© The University of Sydney
To apply for this job please visit usyd.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.