- Full Time
- Melbourne, Victoria Australia
WebsiteU-Vet Werribee Animal Hospital
Join Australia’s No. 1 University as a Veterinarian in Diagnostic Imaging and combine your passion for delivering client focussed veterinary services with teaching the next generation.
This position is subject to your eligibility to work in Australia. The Australian Department of Home Affairs have added Veterinarian to their exemption list for visas under the current Australian border closure and you will receive professional support to assist you to obtain an appropriate visa.
The University of Melbourne is Australia’s No. 1 ranked University. We are seeking Veterinarians specialising in Diagnostic Imaging to take our hospital to the next level. Our purpose is to work with the community to achieve outstanding animal care through our teaching hospital by offering first class care to all clients.
Our Veterinarians also educate the next generation of veterinary practitioners and veterinary scientists and as such you will be expected to enhance the University’s reputation through scholarship in clinical activities and teaching. This will be achieved by delivering teaching into our Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) program and clinical training to veterinary postgraduate students.
We are looking for true team players with high leadership and communication skills who are enthusiastic about animal care and training the next generation as well as undertaking clinical research.
Positions are available at Level B and/or Level C with a salary range of AUD $107,547 to $151,900 pa + 17% superannuation (pension).
You will work in our newly refurbished, state-of-the-art U-Vet Werribee Animal Hospital based at the University of Melbourne’s Werribee Campus which is 28 kms (17 miles) or about 30 minutes’ drive from the Melbourne CBD and be supported by our highly skilled Veterinary Nurse team.
Werribee is a large suburb with well-established amenities and plenty of primary and secondary schools along with some new housing estates. 48 kms (29 miles) further down the coast is Geelong which is Victoria’s second largest city and home to both public and private schools and is also the gateway to the Bellarine Peninsula which is known for being family friendly and surf beaches, historic towns and wineries.
What we are looking for from you:
You will be an enthusiastic and compassionate Veterinarian who is a true team player with exceptional communication skills and who is able to communicate with clients clearly with tact and diplomacy regarding their animals’ welfare and needs. The ability to lead and generate enthusiasm amongst others and build effective professional relationships with both internal and external clients will be important in these posts. As you will be appointed into a university veterinary teaching hospital, you will be required to have demonstrated experience in teaching (in a veterinary practice, university or other relevant setting) and/or clinical research and/or scholarly activity. The level of appointment will be determined by your experience, qualifications and outputs as determined by a Selection Panel against University standards.
Qualifications and other requirements
• Both Levels – An awarded Bachelor of Veterinary Sciences, Doctor of Veterinary Medicine, or equivalent veterinary degree registrable in Victoria with at least two years relevant experience as a Veterinarian.
• Level B – whilst not essential, a postgraduate qualification in veterinary sciences or progress toward a masters or the equivalent may be an advantage.
• Level C – A post-graduate qualification in veterinary science/studies, or progress towards having a masters.
• Level C – Completion of an accredited training program in veterinary diagnostic imaging such as Fellowship of the Australian and New Zealand College of Veterinary Scientists in Radiology, or equivalent Diplomate status in the American College of Veterinary Radiology, or in the European College of Veterinary Diagnostic Imaging. and have passed or be eligible to sit the qualifying examinations.
• A current vaccination for Tetanus, Hepatitis A and B as well as Q fever, or prepared to have these prior to commencement.
• A current and valid Working with Children check on commencement.
• Availability to work a 24/7 roster which may include nights, weekends and public/University (Bank) holidays
What we can offer you:
• A full time, continuing post
• An attractive salary based on your qualifications and experience + 17% superannuation (pension)
• Professional assistance with applying for an appropriate visa to work in Australia
• An attractive relocation package for yourself and your immediate family from your primary place of residence to Melbourne, Australia with the assistance from professional relocation specialists
• A uniquely diverse role with the opportunity to expand your skillset
• A great, cohesive and supportive team, working in state-of-the-art facilities with a skilled veterinary nurse assistance
• Attractive leave entitlements that include annual leave, 13 weeks long service leave (pro rata at 7 years’ service), personal leave, carers leave, purchased leave, parental leave of 14-24 weeks full pay (following a qualifying period), and Public (Bank) holidays
• Development of special interest skills through CPD and scholarship opportunities, subject to approval and budget
• Salary packaging, including health insurance and novated lease (vehicle) arrangements
• Fee discounts for study at the University of Melbourne for self and immediate family
• Easy on-site parking
We promote a workplace that actively seeks to include, welcome and value unique contributions of all people. We encourage people with disability, Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people from culturally diverse backgrounds to apply for this job.
Visit the University of Melbourne’s careers page for further details https://about.unimelb.edu.au/careers
To apply for this job please visit about.unimelb.edu.au.