Website VCA Calgary Animal Referral and Emergency Centre
Caring for life's greatest companions!
Radiology Associate Doctor
This is an exciting new position at the VCA CARE Centre that requires an enthusiastic and collegial veterinarian looking to work with the Radiology Team as an ultrasound consultant in our high quality specialty referral and emergency practice. You will be working closely with two board certified radiologists, three radiology RVTs, 15 other veterinary specialists, and a talented and progressive ER team.
Post-graduate experience in ultrasound or other diagnostic imaging is not a prerequisite. Rather, we are looking for a colleague with excellent communication skills, adaptability, ability to work independently and interface with the rest of the specialty team and RDVMs, and with a sound small animal medical knowledge. The successful applicant with receive full support and all necessary training from the Radiology Team.
Duties include but may not be limited to:
- Operating as the main liaison between the owner, RDVM, radiologist and rest of the CARE specialty and ER team
- Reviewing ultrasound studies that are generated by the radiology team (with assistance from the radiologist and RVTs) with the owners and discussing management options
- Assist ER with cases being transferred urgently for ultrasound
- Admitting, attending to and discharging the outpatient ultrasound patients
- Facilitating case referral and distribution of cases into the hospital if required
- Consulting with owners regarding expectations, risks, limitations and results of the ultrasound exams
- Sedation of ultrasound patients
- Assisting with submission of cytology and other laboratory samples and following up with the RDVM if required
- Assisting with report distribution and fielding follow up questions from the RDVM
- Screening the ultrasound referral requests and assisting with scheduling and triaging of the OP ultrasound caseload
- Education and CE of the RDVM community regarding the role of outpatient ultrasound referral at CARE
- The post may be expanded to include other imaging modalities including outpatient radiography (Penn Hip, OFA, other), fluoroscopy and CT.
- Initially, this will be a part time position but may expand with the anticipated growth of the OP ultrasound caseload
What VCA Canada Offers
At our core are our people – people with different strengths and interests that enrich our diversity, innovation and excellence. VCA Canada offers:
- Comprehensive compensation structures including vacation, membership fees, licensing fees, moving as well as generous CE allowances
- Continuing education benefits
- Exceptional career development
- Benefits including medical/dental, life and disability for eligible employees
- Generous personal pet care discounts
- Professional dues, including licensing fees and monthly VIN membership
- A network of highly educated and skilled professionals
VCA Canada Cares
At VCA Canada we treat all companion animals as family members. VCA Canada embraces a culture of giving back to the communities and we actively demonstrate this philosophy through our national philanthropic program, Paw it Forward.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org