- Full Time
Caring for life's greatest companions!
Western Veterinary Specialist and Emergency Centre is welcoming a board-certified Radiologist to join our small animal specialty, referral and 24-hour emergency practice in Calgary, Alberta.
We also welcome applicants who are nearing the completion of their residency training and waiting to complete board exams. The ideal candidate must be possess a positive and collegial personality, communication skills, and enjoy interacting with other specialists and emergency doctors. We also train interns, residents, and students at our hospital in collaboration with the University of Calgary School of Veterinary Medicine.
What VCA Canada Offers
Join our team and you will make a huge difference in the lives of pets and their families! With an extensive network of hospitals across Canada, each location offers a diverse experience, a local community feel, and a caring culture you can thrive in: We have the right fit for you!
- Generous compensation and sign-on bonuses
- RRSP 5% Employer Group Match Program!
- Comprehensive educational resources in our e-university
- Continuing education benefits – we know you love to learn!
- Career and leadership opportunities
- Opportunities to continue your career path; medical director, medical advisory board, special projects, and other leadership roles
- Relocation assistance; Immigration support
- Licensing, membership dues, and conference fees
- Referral bonus rewards
- We care about your well-being and invest in resources that foster a Wellness and Appreciation culture.
- Flexible scheduling to support a healthy work life balance
- VCA Academy Mentorship Program for new/recent graduates or those new to primary care; a 90-day personalized structured mentorship program with ongoing support!
- Paid Wellness days
- Paid sick days
- Excellent Vacation Allowance
- Employee assistance program
- E-tools to assist with meditation, better sleep, exercise, and focus
- Virtual health care (tele-medicine) offering quick access to quality care
- Professional liability insurance coverage
- Opportunities to give back in your community through VCA initiatives
Western Veterinary Specialist and Emergency Centre:
Founded in 2001, WVSEC is dedicated to serving the needs of veterinarians and pet owners, offering state-of-the-art specialty and emergency veterinary services at one of the largest, most comprehensive facilities of its kind in Canada. Our team includes specialists in Critical Care, Ophthalmology, Medical and Radiation Oncology, Radiology, Cardiology, Surgery, Internal Medicine, Dermatology along with 24-hour emergency care and rehabilitation services. Our hospital culture fosters teamwork and camaraderie that naturally leads to delivering exceptional care to our patients, and service to our clients, referring veterinarians and our community. The hospital is well equipped with digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy, fluoroscopy, CT scanner, linear accelerator, mechanical ventilator, dialysis, a complete on-site diagnostic laboratory and monitoring equipment. Our referral base is large, with over 75 referring hospitals in our 1.2 million person trade area. Twenty of these hospitals in Calgary are partner clinics from whom we draw referrals to all services.
Calgary is just an hour’s drive from the beautiful Canadian Rockies! Hiking, skiing, rafting and camping opportunities abound. The internationally renowned resort towns of Banff, with its hot springs and cosmopolitan shopping and dining areas, and Lake Louise, with its post card views, are a short drive away. Canada is a beautiful country to explore! Safe, diverse and welcoming!
Apply online and upload your resume or email email@example.com
VCA is committed to providing an inclusive and diverse workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. If you require any assistance, please let us know.
To apply for this job please visit www.vcacareers.com.