1 / 2
- small intestinal plication and bunching from level of duodenum to colon
- linear soft tissue structures surrounded by air in ascending colon
- good serosal detail
- soft tissue medial to spleen, lateral to left kidney on VD view is most likely pancreas
- small intestinal linear foreign body
- good serosal detail makes perforation less likely
- probably normal pancreas
- US ok, to confirm FB and evaluate for free fluid, pancreatitis
- minus a point if barium Upper GI recommended, since the cat is vomiting profusely — he will probably vomit up the contrast medium, putting the cat at risk for aspiration. Also, barium should be avoided if perforation is possible or surgery is likely.
- All candidates listed foreign body as a differential, but some mentioned IBD and neoplasia. Some recommended UGI.