At its core, the mission of the American College of Veterinary Radiology is fulfilled by partnering with primary care veterinarians and veterinary technicians to provide comprehensive health care. Radiology residency training programs (in General Diagnostic Imaging, Equine Diagnostic Imaging, and Radiation Oncology) require support from other specialty organizations and from more than one radiologist. Daily interactions with veterinary technologists allow radiologists to support quality control of imaging studies and to maintain radiation safety standards. Radiologists and radiation oncologists work the “frontline” of veterinary medicine, consulting general practitioners on optimal imaging tests, educational materials, and therapeutic options.
Sample Society Cases of the Month
- Veterinary Ultrasound Society
- CT/MRI Society
- Large Animal Diagnostic Imaging Society
- Zoo, Exotics, and Wildlife Diagnostic Imaging Society
- Society of Veterinary Nuclear Medicine
A more detailed learning resource is currently being developed, to include an in-training examination for all residents as they progress through their 3 or 4-year programs.
Other On-line teaching resources
- www.veterinaryradiology.net by Dr. Allison Zwingenberger
- https://vetmeet.com to include Drs. Anna Adrian and Swan Specchi
- https://veterinaryradiologymirc.squarespace.com by Dr. Adrien -Maxence Hespel
- CaseConnexx– Diagnostic Imaging Resident Case Blog: IDEXX Telemedicine Consultants
- Animal Insides – IDEXX telemedicine consultants
- https://www.imaios.com/en/vet-Anatomy an interactive atlas of veterinary anatomy based on medical imaging, under the direction of Dr. Susanne AEB Boroffka, dipl. ECVDI, PhD and Dr. Antoine Micheau, MD.
- https://www.instagram.com/theveterinaryradiologist by Dr. Joseph Amory
- Anatomic atlas for the canine lumbosacral spine. 2nd ed. Hynes C, Carnevale M, Lay J, Jones J, Clemson University. 2017
- Ultrasound Videos – North Carolina State University’s Channel on YouTube!
- Limb Anatomy (CT 3D models compared to radiographs) – Dr. Alexander Zur Linden
- MRI Vets – Course catalog of online continuing education -Dr. Jaime Sage
- Free Physics Training! Aimed at trainee physician radiologists, covering the basic science, X-ray, US, CT, MR and nuclear medicine
- Bone Path Library – Brought to you by Dr. Roy Pool and Texas A&M University