1 / 1
- Diagnosed 3 years previously with IBD.
- Diagnosed with mild diffuse chronic lymphocytic cholangiohepatitis 1 year previously after elevations in liver enzymes were detected. Liver parenchyma at that time was normal on ultrasound though dilation of the intra and extrahepatic biliary system was noted.
- Cat has been managed for chronic biliary tract infections (diagnosed via cholecystocentesis and cultures). Most recent culture yielded antibiotic resistant bacterial infection.
- Clinically normal, liver values returned to normal. Here for repeat ultrasound and considerations for intervention.
- Persistent biliary distension on multiple ultrasounds (always worse at the common bile duct).
- Suspect that this is a congenitally dilated anomaly with secondary infections.
- Diagnoses: Choledochal Cyst
- Dilation resolved, but the cat continued to have cholangiohepatitis and positive bile cultures.
- 2015 Case 7 PDF