- Identify artifact: Double image of equine tarsus. One image properly exposed. Second image partially outside collimated field and appears “ghosted”.
- Cause: Incomplete erasure of the imaging plate. “Ghost” image.
- Prevention: Ensure imaging plates are properly erased:
- erased at regular intervals
- sufficient lumens for complete erasure
- The question was worth a total of 6 points. The average score was 4.45/6.0 or 74%. Most candidates were able to identify the double image. Some candidates believed the double image to be caused by double exposure or scatter radiation.