1 / 1
- 9-year-old, male neutered, Standard Poodle dog
- Acute onset of regurgitation and difficulty swallowing
- Bilateral CN IX, X, XI deficits, & left CN XII deficit
View the five MR video clips below
What's Your Diagnosis?
- Contrast-enhancing soft tissue swelling at the level of the right retropharyngeal region and base of the tongue, containing small angular T1w hypointense structures.
- Dx: Lingual abscess with inner wooden foreign bodies. Fusobacterium nucleatum was isolated in the aerobic culture.
- Additional finding: Chronic thalamic infarct in dorsolateral nucleus, which is an incidental finding on this case, not related to the clinical signs of the patient.